The work programme package describes and summarises the main objectives, priorities and deliverables of the EBA in the forthcoming years. It is based on the tasks specified in the Regulation and in the relevant EU banking sector legislation.
Highlights of the EBA's tasks in 2022
The EBA's work for 2022 is defined under five strategic areas and 25 activities. The programme includes a description of the Authority's objectives for 2022, expected results and main outputs.
Five strategic areas for 2022:
- Monitor and update the prudential framework for supervision and resolution
- Revisit and strengthen the EU-wide stress-testing framework
- Banking and financial data: leverage the EUCLID
- Digital Resilience, Fintech and Innovation: deepen analysis and information-sharing
- Fight AML/CFT and contribute to a new EU infrastructure
Two horizontal priorities for policy work
- ESG: provide tools to measure and manage risks
- COVID-19: monitor and mitigate the impact