1. By 13 January 2018, Member States shall adopt and publish the measures necessary to comply with this Directive. They shall immediately inform the Commission thereof.
2. They shall apply those measures from 13 January 2018.
When Member States adopt those measures, they shall contain a reference to this Directive or shall be accompanied by such reference on the occasion of their official publication. Member States shall determine how such reference is to be made.
3. Member States shall communicate to the Commission the text of the main measures of national law which they adopt in the field covered by this Directive.
4. By way of derogation from paragraph 2, Member States shall ensure the application of the security measures referred to in Articles 65, 66, 67 and 97 from 18 months after the date of entry into force of the regulatory technical standards referred to in Article 98.
5. Member States shall not forbid legal persons that have performed in their territories, before 12 January 2016, activities of payment initiation service providers and account information service providers within the meaning of this Directive, to continue to perform the same activities in their territories during the transitional period referred to in paragraphs 2 and 4 in accordance with the currently applicable regulatory framework.
6. Member States shall ensure that until individual account servicing payment service providers comply with the regulatory technical standards referred to in paragraph 4, account servicing payment service providers do not abuse their non-compliance to block or obstruct the use of payment initiation and account information services for the accounts that they are servicing.