1. By way of derogation from Articles 32 to 36, 56 and 66, during the period from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2017, institutions shall make adjustments to include in or deduct from Common Equity Tier 1 items, Tier 1 items, Tier 2 items or own funds items the applicable percentage of filters or deductions required under national transposition measures for Articles 57, 61, 63, 63a, 64 and 66 of Directive 2006/48/EC, and for Articles 13 and 16 of Directive 2006/49/EC, and which are not required in accordance with Part Two of this Regulation.
2. By way of derogation from Article 36(1)(i) and Article 49(1), during the period from the 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2014, competent authorities may require or permit institutions to apply the methods referred to in Article 49(1) where the requirements laid down in point (b) of Article 49(1) are not met, rather than the deduction required pursuant to Article 36(1). In such cases, the proportion of holdings of the own funds instruments of a financial sector entity in which the parent undertaking has a significant investment that is not required to be deducted in accordance with Article 49(1) shall be determined by the applicable percentage referred to in paragraph 4 of this Article. The amount that is not deducted shall be subject to the requirements of Article 49(4), as applicable.
3. For the purposes of paragraph 1, the applicable percentage shall fall within the following ranges:
(a) 0 % to 80 % for the period from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2014;
(b) 0 % to 60 % for the period from 1 January 2015 to 31 December 2015;
(c) 0 % to 40 % for the period from 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2016;
(d) 0 % to 20 % for the period from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017.
4. For the purpose of paragraph 2, the applicable percentage shall fall between 0 % and 50 % for the period from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2014.
5. For each filter or deduction referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2, competent authorities shall determine and publish the applicable percentages in the ranges specified in paragraphs 3 and 4.
6. EBA shall develop draft regulatory technical standards to specify the conditions according to which competent authorities shall determine whether adjustments made to own funds, or elements thereof, in accordance with national transposition measures for Directive 2006/48/EC or Directive 2006/49/EC that are not included in Part Two of this Regulation are, for the purposes of this Article, to be made to Common Equity Tier 1 items, Additional Tier 1 items, Tier 1 items, Tier 2 items or own funds.
EBA shall submit those draft regulatory technical standards to the Commission by 28 July 2013.
Power is delegated to the Commission to adopt the regulatory technical standards referred to in the first subparagraph in accordance with Articles 10 to 14 of Regulation (EU) No 1093/2010.