1. EBA shall assess the availability for institutions of the liquid assets referred to in point (b) of Article 416(1) in the currencies that are relevant for institutions established in the Union.
2. Where the justified needs for liquid assets in light of the requirement in Article 412 are exceeding the availability of those liquid assets in a currency, one or more of the following derogations shall apply:
(a) by way of derogation from point (f) of Article 417, the denomination of the liquid assets may be inconsistent with the distribution by currency of liquidity outflows after the deduction of inflows;
(b) for currencies of a Member State or third countries, required liquid assets may be substituted by credit lines from the central bank of that Member State or third country, which are contractually irrevocably committed for the next 30 days and are fairly priced, independent of the amount currently drawn, provided that the competent authorities of that Member State or third country do the same and that Member State or third country has comparable reporting requirements in place.
3. The derogations applied in accordance with paragraph 2 shall be inversely proportional to the availability of the relevant assets. The justified needs of institutions shall be assessed taking into account their ability to reduce, by sound liquidity management, the need for those liquid assets and the holdings of those assets by other market participants.
4. EBA shall develop draft implementing technical standards listing the currencies which meet the conditions set out in this Article.
EBA shall submit those draft implementing technical standards to the Commission by 31 March 2014.
Power is conferred on the Commission to adopt the implementing technical standards referred to in the first subparagraph in accordance with Article 15 of Regulation (EU) No 1093/2010.
5. EBA shall develop draft regulatory technical standards to specify the derogations referred to in paragraph 2, including the conditions of their application.
EBA shall submit those draft regulatory technical standards to the Commission by 28 December 2019.
Power is delegated to the Commission to supplement this Regulation by adopting the regulatory technical standards referred to in the first subparagraph in accordance with Articles 10 to 14 of Regulation (EU) No 1093/2010.