1. Member States shall require credit institutions to obtain authoris ation before commencing their activities. Without prejudice to Articles 10 to 14, they shall lay down the requirements for such authorisation and notify EBA.
2. EBA shall develop draft regulatory technical standards to specify:
(a) the information to be provided to the competent authorities in the application for the authorisation of credit institutions, including the programme of operations, structural organisation and governance arrangements provided for in Article 10;
(b) the requirements applicable to shareholders and members with qual ifying holdings, or, where there are no qualifying holdings, to the 20 largest shareholders or members, pursuant to Article 14; and
(c) obstacles which may prevent effective exercise of the supervisory functions of the competent authority, as referred to in Article 14.
Power is delegated to the Commission to adopt the regulatory technical standards referred to in points (a), (b) and (c) of the first subparagraph in accordance with Articles 10 to 14 of Regulation (EU) No 1093/2010.
3. EBA shall develop draft implementing technical standards on standard forms, templates and procedures for the provision of the information referred to in point (a) of the first subparagraph of paragraph 2.
Power is conferred on the Commission to adopt the implementing technical standards referred to in the first subparagraph in accordance with Article 15 of Regulation (EU) No 1093/2010.
4. EBA shall submit the draft technical standards referred to in para graphs 2 and 3 to the Commission by 31 December 2015.
5. EBA shall issue guidelines, in accordance with Article 16 of Regulation (EU) No 1093/2010, addressed to the competent authorities to specify a common assessment methodology for granting authoris ations in accordance with this Directive.